Wednesday, July 30, 2008

i am THAT woman

while at the gym where Bo takes his basketball class there was a mom who sat herself and her kid on the tiny landing at the top of the stairs that leads to the basketball court and soccer fields. unbelieveable. i walked over with Zo and asked the woman (in my sweetest voice ever) if she wouldn't mind if i pushed her daughter's backpack (which was laying on the top step along with her bike helmet) under her daughter's chair. she was agreeable and i proceeded to kick her kids bag and helmet under the chair, all the while letting her know that "this is just an accident waiting to happen. someone could just go flying down these steps". i said it in my sweetest voice and she thanked me as i walked away.

i got down to the bottom of the steps and Zo was cracking up. She let me know that (unbeknownst to me) while i was reprimanding the woman I was using my southern accent. and that the woman just stared at me stunned as i kicked her daughters stuff out of my way. i must be getting old, because none of this registered. my only thought was that i had just saved someone's life.

it felt good.

No comments: